Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Computer help

  1. #1
    Inactive Member theWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2007
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Computer help

    Hey guys I am sure someone here can answer this. I am going to reformat my laptop, it currently has XP Media but I would like to go with XP Pro, so I don't reinstall all the junk that came with it from Gateway. Can I use an XP Pro installation cd from my PC and enter my Media edition key?

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Computer help

    I doubt it, but I don't think it would hurt to try.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer help

    Nope.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer help

    i have a question! i have an unlicensed edition of xp is there anyway to get updates since it is not licensed or do i have to buy vista?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Margarette's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2007
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer help

    There are work arounds for this problem but it can be difficult to do. I have done it in the past, but it isn't fun..lol. If you can afford to get vista, thats what I would do. If I can remember the web site that has that work around on it, I'll post it on here later.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer help

    thanx would appraciate the help !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •